CSU Faculty-Led/Short Term Programs
Congratulations on your decision to study abroad! You are about to embark on an incredible journey that will hopefully have a lasting impact on you, personally, academically and professionally. Now that you are accepted into your program, here is a checklist of items to make sure you are prepared.
1. Attend your mandatory pre-departure orientations.Students are required to attend TWO pre-departure orientation sessions: (1) General Orientation & (2) Program-Specific Orientation.
Students who do not participate will be dropped from their study abroad courses.
You will be notified by the Center for Global Engagement of your general orientation requirements.
Faculty program directors will contact you regarding the date & time for your program-specific orientation session(s).
General Orientation Sessions are scheduled as follows:
(in Schuster 130, located in the Schuster Student Success Center)
Spring Study Abroad Programs Orientation: Fri., 1/27/17 from 3-5pm
Maymester Study Abroad Programs Orientation: Fri.,3/3/17 from 3-5pm
Summer Study Abroad Programs Orientation: Fri., 4/14/17 from 3-5pm
The following items must be submitted to the Center for Global Engagement:
2. Submit all required documents & paperwork.
- Copy of Passport
- Submit a copy of the information pages on your passport book. Haven't applied for your passport yet? Don't wait! Visit the U.S. State Department website for information on how to apply for your passport.
- Ensure that all of your information in your study abroad portal is accurate and up to date before your departure.
- Photocopy of visa permit (if applicable). CGE will notify students if US citizens are required to receive a visa permit prior to departure for their study abroad program.
- International students who are studying abroad are responsible for determining whether or not they require a visa to enter the country of their chosen program destination. Contact CGE if you need additional guidance.
- Other documents may be required and are based upon your individual program.Check with your program director.
3. Pay your program feesProgram payment deadlines are listed on the application form and brochure for all CSU faculty-led programs. You must get a payment form from the CGE and take it to the Bursar's Office to pay your program fees.
4. Pay CSU tuition & Fees by the deadlines.
CGE. Students are also responsible for paying CSU tuition & fees for the study abroad courses in which they are registered. Tuition payments & deadlines are handled through the Bursar office. Students are also responsible for reviewing the the withdrawal & refund policy. Please visit our Study Abroad Payment webpage for more information.