Study Abroad Grants
Columbus State University now offers a Study Abroad Grant to all students available on a "first come, first served" basis. This grant is funded by the International Education Fee. Unlike the CSU Study Abroad Scholarships, the grant is not merit-based, meaning it is not tied to your GPA or academic performance. Remember to APPLY EARLY to guarantee you receive an award!
Eligibility RequirementsTo receive a Study Abroad grant you must:
- Be 18 or older by the time the study abroad program begins
- Be enrolled (with deposit paid) in a CSU approved credit-bearing study abroad program
- Be a currently enrolled Columbus State University student at the time the grant is requested
- Have attended CSU and taken classes for at least one full semester prior to the study abroad program's term
- Be in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA or above)
- Pay the International Education Fee (student invoice)
- Agree to complete 5 hours of service to the CGE within one year of the return date of your program
NOTE: Students are only eligible for one award per academic year, but they re-qualify for grant funding each academic year.
To apply for the grant:
- Complete the 2022-23 Study Abroad Grant Request Form - this is an ONLINE SUBMISSION-
- Submit the Grant Request Form to the Center for Global Engagement during the appropriate submission period. (See submission dates listed below)
- NOTE: When in-person submissions are being allowed, students must present a valid picture ID (ex. CSU ID or Driver's License). NO applications will be accepted from individuals other than the applicant whose name is on the form.
- . To access the Study Abroad Grant Request Form- CLICK HERE
How funds will be awarded:
- Students will receive an email informing them whether they are approved for funding.
- Awards will be credited to the student’s account and will go toward the outstanding balance owed, or processed as a refund to the student, as any other refund on their account.
- If for any reason a student cannot participate in their study abroad program, they will return the funds to CSU.
- Failure to complete 5 hours of service to the CGE within one year of the return date of the program can result in a hold being placed on their student account until the award is paid back in full.
Award Amounts for 2022-2023 Academic Year:$400 - Programs of less than 2 weeks in duration (13 days or less)
$650 - Programs of 2 weeks to 4 weeks (14 - 27 days)
$1000 - Programs of 4 weeks to 8 weeks (28 - 55 days)
$1200 - Programs of one full semester (at least 8 weeks)
Submission Dates for 2022-2023 Academic Year:Students may only submit Grant Request forms during the appropriate application period for their program term
Grant applications will NOT be accepted until 8:00am on the first day of the application periods listed below.
|J-Term||Sept. 21 - Oct. 14|
|Spring Semester||Oct. 19 - Nov. 18|
|Maymester Programs||Feb. 8 - March 3|
|Summer Programs||March 01 - 31|
|Fall Programs||April 5 - 28|
What next? Recipients are typically notified via email within one month of the final submission date.