Study Abroad Grants
Columbus State University now offers a Study Abroad Grant to all students available on a "first come, first served" basis. This grant is funded by the International Education Fee. Unlike the CSU Study Abroad Scholarships, the grant is not merit-based, meaning it is not tied to your GPA or academic performance. Remember to APPLY EARLY to guarantee you receive an award!
Eligibility RequirementsTo receive a Study Abroad grant you must:
- Be 18 or older by the time the study abroad program begins
- Be enrolled (with deposit paid) in a CSU approved credit-bearing study abroad program
- Be a currently enrolled Columbus State University student at the time the grant is requested
- Have attended CSU and taken classes for at least one full semester prior to the study abroad program's term
- Be in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA or above)
- Agree to complete 5 hours of service to the CGE within one year of the return date of your program
NOTE: Students are only eligible for one award per academic year, but they re-qualify for grant funding each academic year.
To apply for the grant:
- Complete the 2021-22 Study Abroad Grant Request Form - this is an ONLINE SUBMISSION- the link will be provided during the submission dates.
- Submit the Grant Request Form to the Center for Global Engagement during the appropriate submission period. (See submission dates listed below)
- NOTE: When in-person submissions are being allowed, students must present a valid picture ID (ex. CSU ID or Driver's License). NO applications will be accepted from individuals other than the applicant whose name is on the form.
How funds will be awarded:
- Students will receive an email informing them whether they are approved for funding.
- Awards will be credited to the student’s account and will go toward the outstanding balance owed, or processed as a refund to the student, as any other refund on their account.
- If for any reason a student cannot participate in their study abroad program, they will return the funds to CSU.
- Failure to complete 5 hours of service to the CGE within one year of the return date of the program can result in a hold being placed on their student account until the award is paid back in full.
Award Amounts for 2021-2022 Academic Year:$400 - Programs of less than 2 weeks in duration (13 days or less)
$650 - Programs of 2 weeks to 4 weeks (14 - 27 days)
$1000 - Programs of 4 weeks to 8 weeks (28 - 55 days)
$1200 - Programs of one full semester (at least 8 weeks)
Submission Dates for 2021-2022 Academic Year:Students may only submit Grant Request forms during the appropriate application period for their program term
Grant applications will NOT be accepted until 8:00am on the first day of the application periods listed below.
|J-Term||Sept. 30 - Oct. 15|
|Spring Semester||Oct. 20 - Nov. 19|
|Maymester Programs||Feb. 4 - 25|
|Summer Programs||March 4 - 24|
|Fall Programs||April 6 - 29|
What next? Recipients are typically notified via email within one month of the final submission date.