Home > Study Abroad Grants
CSU Study Abroad GrantsColumbus State University now offers a Study Abroad Grant to all students available on a "first come, first serve" basis. This grant is funded by the International Education Fee. Unlike the CSU Study Abroad Scholarships, the grant is not merit-based, meaning it is not tied to your GPA or academic performance. Remember to APPLY EARLY to guarantee you receive an award!
Eligibility RequirementsTo receive a Study Abroad grant you must:
- Be enrolled (deposit paid) in a CSU approved credit-bearing study abroad program
- Be a currently enrolled Columbus State University student seeking a degree or in a certificate program at the time the grant is requested
- Have attended CSU and taken classes for at least one full semester prior to the study abroad program's term
- Be in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA or above)
NOTE: Students are only eligible for one award per academic year, but they re-qualify for grant funding each academic year.
To apply for the grant:
- Complete the Study Abroad Grant Request Form (also available at the International House).
- Submit the Grant Request Form to the Center for Global Engagement during the appropriate submission period. (See submission dates listed below)
- NOTE: Students must present a valid picture ID (ex. CSU ID or Driver's License) when submitting the Grant Request Form. NO submissions will be accepted from individuals other than the applicant whose name is on the form.
How funds will be awarded:
- You will receive an e-mail informing you whether or not you are approved for funding within one month of the final submission date.
- For CSU faculty-led programs, students awards will be applied directly to their program fees (applied towards the second payment).
- For all other programs, students will be issued a check.
Award Amounts for 2017-2018 Academic Year:$600- Programs of less than 2 weeks in duration (13 days or less)
$850- Programs of 2 weeks to 4 weeks (14 - 27 days)
$1100- Programs of 4 weeks to 8 weeks (28 - 55 days)
$1300- Programs of one full semester (at least 8 weeks)
Submission Dates for 2017-2018 Academic Year:Students may only submit Grant Request forms during the appropriate application period for their program term. If you have any questions about when you should submit your Grant Request Form, please contact the Study Abroad Coordinator.
|J-Term Programs||Sept 15 - Oct 2|
|Spring Programs||Oct 4 - Oct 25|
|Maymester Programs||Nov 28 - Jan 31|
|Summer Programs||Feb 20 - March 6|
|Fall Programs||April 3 - April 27|
What next? Recipients will be notified within one month of the final submission date.