Study Abroad Grants
Columbus State University now offers a Study Abroad Grant to all students available on a "first come, first serve" basis. This grant is funded by the International Education Fee. Unlike the CSU Study Abroad Scholarships, the grant is not merit-based, meaning it is not tied to your GPA or academic performance. Remember to APPLY EARLY to guarantee you receive an award!
Eligibility RequirementsTo receive a Study Abroad grant you must:
- Be enrolled (deposit paid) in a CSU approved credit-bearing study abroad program
- Be a currently enrolled Columbus State University student seeking a degree or in a certificate program at the time the grant is requested
- Have attended CSU and taken classes for at least one full semester prior to the study abroad program's term
- Be in good academic standing (minimum 2.0 GPA or above)
- Agree to complete 5 hours of service to the CGE within one year of your program’s return date - Failure to complete service hours will result in a hold being placed on your student account until the funds are repaid in full.
NOTE: Students are only eligible for one award per academic year, but they re-qualify for grant funding each academic year.
To apply for the grant:
- Complete the Study Abroad Grant Request Form 2019-2020 (also available in Schuster 117).
- Submit the Grant Request Form to the Center for Global Engagement during the appropriate submission period. (See submission dates listed below)
- NOTE: Students must present a valid picture ID (ex. CSU ID or Driver's License) when submitting the Grant Request Form. NO submissions will be accepted from individuals other than the applicant whose name is on the form.
How funds will be awarded:
- You will receive an e-mail informing you whether or not you are approved for funding within one month of the final submission date.
- For CSU faculty-led programs, students awards will be direct to the program costs. If a refund is then available, they will receive it the usual way.
- For all other programs, students will be issued a check.
Award Amounts for 2010-2020 Academic Year:$400- Programs of less than 2 weeks in duration (13 days or less)
$650- Programs of 2 weeks to 4 weeks (14 - 27 days)
$1000- Programs of 4 weeks to 8 weeks (28 - 55 days)
$1200- Programs of one full semester (at least 8 weeks)
Submission Dates for 2019-2020 Academic Year:Students may only submit Grant Request forms during the appropriate application period for their program term. If you have any questions about when you should submit your Grant Request Form, please contact the Study Abroad Coordinator.
|J-Term Programs||Sept 12 - Oct 4|
|Spring Programs||Oct 8 - Nov 8|
|Maymester Programs||Jan 22 - Feb 14|
|Summer Programs||Feb 20 - March 27|
|Fall Programs||April 8 - May 1|
What next? Recipients are typically notified via email within one month of the final submission date.